Thursday 16 June 2011

May Summary

So lets look at the month of May overall.

Average generation was 18.05 kWh daily and a total of 535.95 kWh generated in the month.

Also interesting is to see the amount of power generated each day (first graph below with green bars) vs. the total amount of time that power was generated each day (second graph below with orange bars).


I have not yet gotten around to doing any statistical analysis but it is clear that there is no strong correlation between the two for May.  Obviously there are other factors that also need to be considered but until I get a home weather station that I can pull data from I am going to be limited in what I can do.

Still gives me something to add to my birthday and Christmas wish lists!  :)

For those who are interested - according to the EU (nifty tool here) the average expected daily power generation for our location and system for May is 14.2 kWh (with a monthly average of 439 kWh).  So all my moaning and complaining is about a month that is above average.  :)

Also interesting to note is that, according to the same site, May is the month with the highest overall average power generation.  Personally I'm still hoping for more!  :)

Here's hoping for a June filled with bright sunny days, and raining nights!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment